Tuesday 2 June 2015

Let's talk!


One of the big themes to come out of my KS2-KS3 survey was the lack of communication between KS2 and KS3 teachers.

I am sharing here the proforma that I will be completing for each of the secondary schools that my Year 6s will be going to in September.  It is a re-working of the one that I have used for the last 5 years, with additions to reflect what information secondary teachers say that they want to know.

The proforma is not all my own work.  The original was inspired by the work of Jo Rhys Jones and her former team in Hampshire, and was built on by the old Sunderland steering group.  Therefore you will notice that the document is not copyrighted, and I am making it available in Word format so that you can adapt it as you see fit.  It's not intended to be a cast-in-stone document, but a starting point for communicating with the other phase.  So: primary teachers - fill it in and send it off to the secondary schools.  Secondary schools: send it to the primary schools and ask them to fill in as much as they can.


1 comment: