Saturday 21 March 2015

Language World 2015


Ever since #ililc5 I had been looking forward to Language World (#LW2015) for several reasons.  First, it was held at Newcastle University, only 8 miles from my house.  It made such a refreshing change to be able to hop on the Tyne and Wear Metro to get to a top-class conference, rather than have to make a trek of several hours.  Secondly, I was looking forward to catching up with old friends and meeting new ones.  Thirdly, it was an opportunity to find out new things and refresh my knowledge of things that maybe I had forgotten.  And finally, as you may have read here before, it was an opportunity to practise live Sketchnoting.

Here are the sketchnotes of the talks that I attended.  Those with multiple pages I have stitched together using PhotoJoiner.net.  If you go to the ALL website, you can download many of the presentations from the conference.  I gave my presentation Be a crafty Languages teacher, which you can find here.

1.  Bertram Richter - Planning for progress at Key Stage 2



2.  Vicky Cooke - Teaching reading in Key Stage 2: leading learners towards independence


3.  Bernadette Holmes - Interculturalism and the power of three


4. Louise Courtney - Primary to Secondary Transition in French: Insights from research


5.  Rachel Hawkes - ALL Connect


6.  Wendy Adeniji - How can your teaching be consistently good or outstanding?


7.  Nadine Chadier - It's all about the code


8.  Carol Hughes - 25 ideas for creativity from Language World


9.  Rachel Hawkes - Memory and Thought: why we can't have one without the other


10.  Steven Fawkes - Now we are 25


See you in Rugby next year!

1 comment:

  1. Many, many thanks for taking the time to create and post these. They are really useful and informative. I was disappointed that I couldn't make it to Language World this year but reading these is the next best thing. Sue Cave

    ReplyDelete