Tuesday 28 January 2014

Hexagon books


 It's time for another mini-book!  I was reading Erzsi Culshaw's blog recently and it reminded me of hexagon books.  As I've mentioned recently, my Year 5 Spaniards are learning how to tell the time in Spanish at the moment.  I usually finish this unit with a lift-the-flap book, but the cutting and folding always seems to go wrong (not mine, I hasten to add).  So I thought I'd give the hexagons a try to see if the children find the making any easier.

The idea is that you unfold one hexagon at a time.  On the top of each hexagon I have drawn a clock.  When you lift up the hexagon, the time in Spanish is written underneath.  The clock pictured below says 4 o'clock.  When I turn it over you can see "Son las cuatro" written underneath.




Because of the six "petals" this mini-book would be useful for verb forms.  Here is the template if you'd like to have a go yourself:








7 comments:

  1. I love this mini book...it's very useful. Thanks CLare ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing. A fantastic resource.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! I am going to use with our roots and prefixes. Thanks for sharing the template.
    Caitlin
    TheRoomMom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! My grandson (2) asked me the name of a hexagon last week, I'm going to make a little book with him. Dinosaurs probably. Just practising you know!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have only just discovered these hexagon books. Brilliant! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing these - I will try them with my KS2 classes!

    ReplyDelete